Tribalj Lake is located in Tribalj near hydropower plant Tribalj. It is located in Vinodolska municipality in Tribalj, only 7 km from Crikvenica. It is unique in that it is freshwater that is located a few kilometers from the sea. In such geographic position and with such climate, fishing on the lake takes place throughout the whole year.
The average depth of the lake is 4m and fishing is very attractive because there is no fracture. In the lake of 41 hectares, the carp is most represented, but there are grass carp, prussian carp, catfish, bighead carp, zander, eels, common roach and sunbleak. During 2008, the lake was restcked with 1100 kg of carp (12-14 kg)and with 1000 kg of carp weighing about 2 kg.
There are 24 fishing spots on the lake, from which fishing is allowed.
On March 19, 2009. the Tribalj Lake was carried out with 35 gorgeous carps weights of 12 to 16 kg. Over the past three years, through such multiple reclamations, there are about 200 such specimens floating in the lake. Of course, this should be added to the “old inventory” which is not negligible. In 2008. a lot of carps of 18 and 19 kg were caught. There are certainly carps weighing over 20 kg. From the records of the caught carps, which is “for his own sake” led by Damir Komljenović, it is clear that Tribalj carps get two kgs (some specimens even more) during one calender year and it is quite clear that the time when catch a carp over 20 kg in Tribalj Lake will be a daily experience.
Tribalj Lake is subject to the following regulations:
- It is forbidden to take carps of 4 kg and up
- A fish larger than 4 kg is forbidden to be kept in a keepnet
- It is forbidden to take wild carp of any weight
- It is forbidden to start the fire on the lake
- It is forbidden to park a vehicle closer to 100m from the fishing position
- It is forbidden to hunt without a fishing landing net of a corresponding size
- It is forbidden to hunt without a carp mat
- Fishing is prohibited in the hatchery
- Swimming in the lake is prohibited
- It is forbidden to use any boat on the lake
- It is forbidden to leave unattended rods without control
- It is forbidden to leave the fishing position while the rods are blocked
- It is forbidden to leave the garbage in a fishing position
- Zander hunting on live fish is prohibited from 1 March to 31 May